Tuesday, January 17, 2017

About Me



Hey my name is Haley and I’m an aspiring Biological Sciences major and Environmental Studies minor at the University of South Carolina. Growing up, my parents would listen to hits from back in the day. I vividly remember them listening to people such as Prince, George Michael, David Bowie, and Michael Jackson. In recent years, these artists have unfortunately passed away. Likewise, numerous amounts of other notable musicians have gone within the past few years. While losing such heroes has been tragic for some, it seems as though the loss of them has gone unnoticed by many. To me, it seems crazy that many people my age, and even older, have never heard of hits like Beat It by Michael Jackson and Purple Rain by Prince. These people who claim to not know such songs seem to be those who were not alive to witness these artist’s times in stardom. Because of the introduction of new music constantly, I fear that many of their albums that were once innovative and exciting will become forgotten. In order to prevent this, I have created this blog to provide readers with insight on the revolutionary works of musicians that have recently passed. Expect informative reviews of top tracks off best-selling albums from late artists. Because all of the albums that are being reviewed have been successful, let this blog be a place for reminiscing and educating. Hopefully with this information, these late artists and their music will live on and be remembered by everyone despite passing time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment